This week I've had some new vibram (toe shoes) on - Bikila in Blue. I love them.
Apart from attracting some complimentary feedback on my fashion sense, my footwear has resparked the discussion on the value, validity and purpose ... or otherwise ... of minimalist footwear.
And the universe has conspired to give me opportunity to voice my opinion through client interactions.
So instead of being simply opinionated I wanted to ask a few questions that might invite a bit of a discussion on the topic rather than a the usual barrage of commentary that takes a love em or hate em position.
I wear my toe shoes because I believe they make my feet, and by default my body, work better. I have bunions, chronic knee, hip and lower back complaints and occasional digestive problems. When I wear my toe shoes all of these reduce or disappear and I am a happier and hopefully better person as a result.
So here are my questions:
1. What is the bunion doing and how did it get there?
2. Is the bunion good? Does it have a purpose?
3. What changes in the foot and its motion could be having a positive or negative effect on movement throughout the body?
4. Same question regarding a positive or negative effect on health throughout the body?
5. What are the mental health implications of wearing my toe shoes?
6. Have you tried toe shoes??
I'm really interested in the opinions of everyone who has an opinion on toe shoes. Even if the look of them simply has you calling the fashion police ... let's hear about it.
As for me, I'm off for a play to enjoy my well adjusted toes and renewed energy!!
Have the best day.