Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Making this your best year yet!

A big lesson for me in 2010 was the value of sharing the information.  This simple act can powerfully transform the lives of both the giver and the receiver.

As a fitness trainer I had the privilege of attending Filex in April last year and listening to many very wise and great people in our industry.  One of them was Jay Blahnik who gave a key note address on Extraordinary Living for Ordinary People.  The information he generously shared helped me shift my paradigm, creating real change in my life and those around me.

Here's a little of what he had to say, and I'm pretty sure he'd be happy to share it...

Firstly 'what is extraordinary living?

Jay has 5 criteria:
1. Experiencing daily joy
2. Feeling comfort and contentment
3. Expressing hopefulness and optimism
4. Repeating professional and personal success
5. Manifesting energy and vitality'

Note that the accumulation of material wealth and a buff, toned and model thin body do not make the list!  It is highly possible that these things may come as a bonus bi-product of creating an extraordinary life according the criteria above, but these things along will not deliver and extraordinary life.

And then he has a Simple 6 - six simple tips to help us along the way

Stay tuned ....

1 comment:

  1. I remember jay's presentation and the effect it had on everyone that listened to it! Thanks for reminding us about the important things in life, the real things to focus our energy on. Great post for the new year!

    ReplyDelete